Dr. Thethi's research interests center around obesity, insulin resistance and type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus. One aspect of type 1 diabetes that she has investigated is the loss of glycemic control over time after change of infusion pump line in those patients treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusions.
She was the principal investigator of the LEADER study, a multicenter study examining the effects of liraglutide versus placebo on cardiovascular events. Other areas of interest include studying gender and racial differences in the role of the endocannabinoid system in obesity, endothelial dysfunction, and cardiovascular disease in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Some of Dr. Thethi's current research projects involve complications of diabetes such as nephropathy.
- Katzmarzyk PT, Martin CK, Newton RL Jr, Apolzan JW, Arnold CL, Davis TC, Denstel KD, Mire EF, Thethi TK, Brantley PJ, Johnson WD, Fonseca V, Gugel J, Kennedy KB, Lavie CJ, Price-Haywood EG, Sarpong DF, Springgate B. Promoting Successful Weight Loss in Primary Care in Louisiana (PROPEL): Rationale, design and baseline characteristics. Contemp Clin Trials. 2018 Apr;67:1-10. doi: 10.1016/j.cct.2018.02.002. Epub 2018 Feb 8. PMID: 29408562
- Liu S, Adelman DT, Xu Y, Sisco J, Begelman SM, Webb SM, Badia X, Thethi TK, Fonseca V, Shi L. Patient-centered assessment on disease burden, quality of life, and treatment satisfaction associated with acromegaly. J Investig Med. 2018 Mar;66(3):653-660. doi: 10.1136/jim-2017-000570. Epub 2017 Nov 18. PMID: 29151042
- Mann JFE, Ørsted DD, Brown-Frandsen K, Marso SP, Poulter NR, Rasmussen S, Tornøe K, Zinman B, Buse JB; LEADER Steering Committee and Investigators. Liraglutide and Renal Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2017 Aug 31;377 (9):839-848. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1616011. PMID: 28854085
- Al-Qurayshi Z, Deniwar A, Thethi T, Mallik T, Srivastav S, Murad F, Bhatia P, Moroz K, Sholl AB, Kandil E. Association of Malignancy Prevalence With Test Properties and Performance of the Gene Expression Classifier in Indeterminate Thyroid Nodules. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017 Apr 1;143(4):403-408. doi: 10.1001/jamaoto.2016.3526. PMID: 27978562
- Deniwar A, Hammad AY, Ali DB, Alsaleh N, Lahlouh M, Sholl AB, Moroz K, Aslam R, Thethi T, Kandil E. Optimal timing for a repeat fine-needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodule following an initial nondiagnostic fine-needle aspiration. Am J Surg. 2017 Feb;213(2):433-437. doi: 10.1016/j.amjsurg.2016.04.010. Epub 2016 Jun 14. PMID: 27475222
Full list of publications in PubMed