1993 – 1997 B.S. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
1997 – 1998 University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
1998 – 2002 M.D. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-Shreveport, LA
2002 – 2004 Resident in Internal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
2004 – 2008 Resident in AP/CP Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
2008 – 2009 Fellow in Hematopathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
2009 – 2010 Surgical Pathology Assistant, Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD
2008 Diplomate of The American Board of Pathology in combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
2009 Diplomate of The American Board of Pathology in Hematology
1. Lakey MA, Pardanani A, Hoyer JD, Nguyen PL, Lasho TL,Tefferi A, Hanson CA: Bone Marrow Morphologic Features in Polycythemia Vera with JAK2 Exon 12 Mutations. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010:133:942-48.
2. Lakey MA, Klein MJ, Faye-Peterson OM: A Comprehensive Clinicopathologic Analysis Suggests that Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) is the Most Likely Mediator of Periosteal New Bone Formation (PNBF) Associated with Diverse Etiologies. Clinical Medicine: Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2008;1:43-58
3. Yang Z, Lakey MA, Reilly SD: A fatal Case of High Fever in a 42-Year-Old Woman. Lab Medicine. 2007;38(2):94-6
4. Lakey MA, Marques MB: Modern Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine –Fifth Edition. (Book Review) Lab Medicine. 2005;36(11):729
1. Park YA, Lakey MA, Marques MB: Exacerbations of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura-hemolytic uremic syndrome predict an infection. J Clin Apheres. 2007;22:56-57.
2. Lakey MA, Arndt D, Marques MB: Repeat borderline or negative platelet factor-4 ELISA may yield positive results in patients with clinical suspicion of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Blood. 2005;106(11):83b.
3. Lakey MA, Boctor FN, Knight CS, Marques MB: vWF-cleaving protease activity and inhibitor levels do not predict duration of treatment in TTP and HUS. J Clin Apheres. 2005;20(1):7.
4. Knight CS, Vaphiades MS, Marques MB, Lakey MA, Boctor FN: Case Report: Autoimmune retinopathy treated with plasmapheresis. J Clin Apheres. 2005;20(1):39.