The Pathology Core Laboratory at Tulane University Health Sciences Center provides basic histopathology and research immunohistochemistry services to researchers at Tulane University and the surrounding academic community.
The laboratory is located on the 6th Floor of the Medical School in the Pathology Department.
Whitney Peters MLS(ASCP)CMHTL is the Lab Supervisor and can address all questions regarding basic histopathology and research immunohistochemistry.
We are CLIA compliant.
What We Do
- offers a full range of histopathology services including tissue processing, embedding, and cutting, for both paraffin and frozen tissue.
- produce routine hematoxylin and eosin stained slides (H&E).
- perform most standard stains as well as immunohistochemistry and antibody workup.
- The Pathology core supports a full range of basic pathology services.
- We accept wet fixed tissue specimens as well as frozen samples.
- Wet samples (FFPE) are processed on our Leica automated tissue processor.
- We provide materials needed for processing of your specimens.
- The Pathology Core has three microtomes and two embedding stations and two cryostats.
- There are storage areas for wet tissue, blocks, slides, and antibodies at 4 degrees, -20, and -80.
- The core lab can perform immunohistochemistry (IHC) using the Nemisis autostainer that allow us to run 72 slides under uniform conditions.
- The core also provides an antibody "workup" services to test novel or untried antibodies on your tissue of interest.
- We have extensive experience testing antibodies in both human and animal tissues. Contact us to arrange a consultation.
Immunohistochemistry Stains Offered
- CD-45 LCA
- CD-45 RB
- CD-45 RO
- CA 19.9
- CAM 5.2
- CYCLIN D1
- AE 1/AE3
- GRANZYME B
- HEP B CORE
- HEP B SURFACE
- HSV 1&2
- MELAN A
Work Request Form
Histology Research Laboratory
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Laboratory Hours: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM