Welcome to Tulane Medical School Forensic Psychiatry. Our division is affiliated with the Eastern Louisiana Mental Health System, Forensic Division located near Baton Rouge. We have a large forensic faculty with broad training experience. A Fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry is a one-year training program for psychiatrists who have completed a residency in General or Child Psychiatry. The fellowship is accredited by the ACGME.
- We provide psychiatric service for the Eastern Louisiana Mental Health System - Forensic Division (formerly Feliciana Forensic Facility), a JCAHO accredited maximum security forensic hospital that provides inpatient evaluation and treatment of patients for the State of Louisiana.
- Our staff provides services to the Orleans Parish Coroner's office and the FSTRA FACT (Forensic Assertive Community Treatment) team in the Greater New Orleans area.
- We provide the psychiatric management of the New Orleans Forensic Aftercare Clinic of New Orleans, a forensic outpatient clinic that treats and monitors individuals who have been conditionally released to the community from court.
- Many of our faculty serve on court sponsored sanity commissions to do competency to stand trial and criminal responsibility assessments for the courts.
- Many of our faculty provide private consultations in a number of areas where psychiatry interfaces with the law, including dangerousness and risk assessments, custody evaluations, independent medical examinations, competency and sanity evaluations, and other areas of litigation.
For more information about our activities, call 504-988-0847 or e-mail Patrice Taylor.