Tutors are also responsible for adhering to the following:
- All required paperwork must be completed and approved by the Office of Medical Education BEFORE tutoring begins.
- Individual tutoring will be paid at a rate of $12/hr. Group tutoring will be paid at a rate of $15/hr.
- Any tutoring conducted prior to approval will not be paid.
- All tutoring hours must be logged in Kronos.
- After each tutoring session, tutors must complete a brief, electronic form to document tutee participation and progress.
- Tutoring sessions should occur at times that do not conflict with regular class hours.
- Sessions can take place either on or off-campus and in individual or small group formats.
- Arrive on time for scheduled sessions.
- Maintain confidentiality; do not discuss the names of tutees to individuals outside of the PAL program.
- Recognize your own knowledge limitations and consult with course directors as needed.
- Exchange contact information with all assigned tutees and notify tutees if sessions need to be cancelled.
- Maintain communication with the Office of Medical Education and provide updates on tutee progress as required.