What services are offered at the Tulane University Travel Clinic?
- Food-borne illness
- Illness spread by insects
- Safety while abroad
- Specific issues which might be a risk for persons with underlying medical conditions.
- Medications to treat traveler’s diarrhea, prevent malaria, and reduce the chance of altitude sickness
- Advice for persons working abroad (medical, public health, business, other)
- Diving and high-altitude preparation
- We will recommend vaccines for travel and those needed for routine health maintenance (pneumonia, shingles, tetanus vaccines, for example)
- We can administer all travel-related vaccines on-site (same day as your visit in almost all cases), including Yellow Fever vaccine.