Student Affairs ~ MSPE Information
Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) Information
Class of 2019, it is time to schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. Marc Kahn to discuss your MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation), also known as the Deans Letter. To schedule your appointment, please call our office at 504-988-5331.
Dr. Kahn will meet with a maximum of five (5) students per day depending on his schedule. You must bring a copy of the following with you on the day of your appointment: (click on the form name to download)
Your forms must be complete in order to meet with Dr. Kahn, or you will be asked to reschedule.
The MSPE appointments will take place starting Friday, June 1, 2018 through Friday, September 7, 2018. No appointments will be scheduled after FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2018. If you are away on rotation or know that you will be away and unable to come in and meet with Dr. Kahn in person, a phone appointment must be scheduled within the above time frame.
What Happens After The Meeting
You will be notified via email when your Deans letter is ready for review. You may come in any day from 9am to 4pm to review your letter. The Office of Admissions and Student Affairs is located in the Murphy Building, Suite 1550.
A few notes about the Deans letters:
- Letters cannot be removed from our office, photographed or copied – This is an LCME and AAMC regulation, we absolutely have to follow the regulations.
- In the event that you are unable to come to the office to review your letter, you can call the office and your letter will be emailed to you in draft form. The Office takes great care to make sure that all grammatical, spelling and spacing errors are corrected .
- Only the clerkship directors are authorized to alter the clerkship comments. Read your clerkship comments thoroughly. If there are any remarks in the clerkship comments that you do not agree with, you must contact the Clerkship Director and discuss that issue. Please provide the directors with the email address for Roberta Cartaginese (email@example.com) so that they can communicate any changes or corrections directly to the Office by email. Changes will ONLY be made if received from the Director of the clerkship.
- Using a red pen you can make changes and corrections to any wrong information or typographical errors. Sentence structure or comment order will not be changed. You cannot add items to your letter. The Deans Letter is meant to be written by the Dean! Every accomplishment/paper/book, etc. is not needed in the letter. A complete list can be provided in your resume. Dr. Kahn is the final approver for any changes.
- You can only review your letter ONCE, no exceptions.
- If you do not come in to read your letter, it will be submitted on the deadline date, without your approval.
Reviews must be completed by SEPTEMBER 15, 2018!