1. Andrology, Infertility, and Urologic Prosthetics (for ED): Tulane Urology has traditionally had a very strong presence in these areas. This section is led by Dr. Wayne JG Hellstrom. Residents get an unparalleled experience in basic and complex urologic prosthetic surgery.
2. Endourology, Laparoscopy, and Robotic Surgery: Tulane Urology has a long history of being on the cutting edge of minimally invasive urologic surgery, boasting a large series of percutaneous lithotripsy procedures, rigid and flexible ureteroscopy including endopyelotomy, the largest experience of urologic laparoscopy in the entire Gulf South, as well as the oldest and largest experience in urologic robotic surgery. At the present time, Tulane Urology performs over 200 radical prostatectomies per year, is adept at performing robotic radical cystectomies, and has one of the largest series of robotic reconstructive procedures.
3. Urologic Oncology: This section is headed by Drs Jonathan Silberstein and L. Spencer Krane. A full range of clinical experience awaits any residents. Not only are residents well versed in advanced robotic and laparoscopic techniques, but also in open surgical interactions. A wide array of research opportunities are also available.
4. Pediatric Urology: Presently, this is exclusively delivered through Children’s Hospital. Dr. Joseph Ortenberg is the program director at Children's Hospital. Children's Hospital is a full service pediatric facility and provides a full spectrum of pediatric urology, including robotic surgery.
5. Urodynamics and Incontinence: This rotation is led by Drs. Pablo Labadie, Wesley Bryan and Ryan Glass. This RRC approved rotation gives the residents a complete training in matters related to urodynamics and incontinence. This RRC approved rotation gives residents a complete training in matters related to urodynamics and incontinence.
The anticipated future expansion of the faculty should further enhance the learning experience of our residents.