The application process for Fall 2024 is now open.
Application deadline - August 6, 2024 (or until the program is filled)
Prospective students applying to the Master of Medical Genetics and Genomics program must meet the following requirements to be a candidate for admission:
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree before the start of the Fall semester
- Though we accept students from a variety of majors, a strong science background is highly recommended, including courses such as Biology, Genetics, Molecular or Cellular Biology.
- There is no minimum, but we rarely accept students with a GPA below a 3.0. MCATs and GREs are no longer required, however they can be provided if they could enhance a student’s application. For example, a good MCAT or GRE score may help offset a lower GPA.
- TOEFL (minimum 80) or IELTS (minimum 7.0) scores are required for international students who did not graduate from a university that did not teach courses in English. All application materials must be submitted in English and transcripts from any non-US school must go through a formal international transcript evaluation. (for example,the WES.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with prior academic and/or professional performance. We recommend that at least 2 letters are academic, preferably from science professors.
- A personal statement explaining your career goals, background, and relevant experiences.
The application for admission should be submitted online using Tulane’s web-based application site: Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
Applications will be accepted until the application deadline (August 2024) or until all positions are filled. Applicants will be admitted on a competitive basis.
Requests for letters of recommendation are sent out from the application site. If you have letters of recommendation in hardcopy or through a site like Interfolio, you may request to have them submitted to the address below.
Official transcripts (undergraduate institutions), may also be submitted electronically or mailed directly to the following address:
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Programs
Tulane University School of Medicine
1430 Tulane Avenue, Mailcode # 8656
New Orleans, LA 70112