The application process for Fall 2020 will open in October 2019
Application deadline - August 2020 (or until the program is filled)
Prospective students applying to the Master of Medical Genetics and Genomics program must meet the following requirements to be a candidate for admission:
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree before the start of the Fall semester
- Though we accept students from a variety of majors, a strong science background is highly recommended, including courses such as Biology, Genetics, Molecular or Cellular Biology.
- We have no set required score for MCAT, GRE or DAT. However, the table below gives information about scores for students accepted in the past
- TOEFL (minimum 80) or IELTS (minimum 6.5) scores are required for international students whose native language is not English.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with prior academic and/or professional performance. We recommend that at least 2 letters are academic, preferably from science professors.
- A statement of purpose explaining your career goals, background, and relevant experiences.
Average scores and ranges for students who have been accepted into our program in previous years is as follows:
||2.8 - 3.9
||289 - 322
||495 - 516
||17 - 19
The application for admission should be submitted online using Tulane’s web-based application site: Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
Applications will be accepted until the application deadline (August 2020) or until all positions are filled. Applicants will be admitted on a competitive basis.
Requests for letters of recommendation are sent out from the application site. If you have letters of recommendation in hardcopy or through a site like Interfolio, you may request to have them submitted to the address below.
Official transcripts (undergraduate institutions), may also be submitted electronically or mailed directly to the following address:
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Programs
Tulane University School of Medicine
1430 Tulane Avenue, Mailcode # 8656
New Orleans, LA 70112