Thank you for your interest in the Tulane Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CAP) training program.
Ready to apply? Applying to Tulane is simple; just follow the steps below.
A. The Application
Make sure that you fulfill all of our admission standards:
- Applicants to Tulane must be residents who will have successfully completed at least their PGY-3 year of an ACGME-accredited general psychiatry training program by June of the current academic year.
- There is no minimum board score for admission.
- We require at least three letters of recommendation. One letter should be from the General Psychiatry Training Director of the program. We do grant visas through our fellowship program.
- The attestation form of completed rotations and clinical skills exam by the program director is required.
- Admission to the training program is solely through participation in the ERAS and the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Tulane is proud to follow the American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training (AADPRT) Child Psychiatry Caucus agreement to fill fellowship positions through the match year. To apply, go to the ERAS site and complete the standard application. Make sure you are registered for the NRMP match.
B. The Interview
Once we receive your completed application, we will be in touch with you within two weeks. If you are invited for an interview, we will do our best to provide options for the interview date. We encourage you to interview early.
- The Interview: All Tulane interviews are held on Fridays. The interview days are half days, and include time with our fellows. Due to the pandemic, we will miss seeing you in person and getting a chance to show you our great city of New Orleans, but we will share videos about our city. Hopefully, you will get to visit in person soon.
- What to Expect on the Interview Day: Your interview will include one-on-one interviews faculty members. You will also attend Child Psychiatry Grand Rounds, and have plenty of time to interact with our awesome fellows. Interview Day is sure to give you a great overview of our program here at Tulane.