HeartCodeTM ACLS is an interactive, self-directed training course that meets all requirements of the American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course. HeartCode ACLS includes all exams required for the successful completion of the ACLS curriculum.
ACLS certification or re-certification in two steps:
- At any location with Internet access and on your own schedule, successfully complete the Part 1 cognitive portion, including patient scenarios and multiple choice exam.
- At the Tulane Sim Center, any scheduled time during business hours, successfully complete the Part 2 skills test administered by a voice-assisted manikin system.
- Receive your new AHA ACLS Provider card immediately upon successful completion of Part 2.
HeartCode ACLS includes: ten interactive patient scenarios, pre-course self assessment, team dynamics lesson and full texts of the ACLS Provider Manual, 2005 AHA Guideslines for CPR and ECC and ACLS Core Drugs.
HeartCode ACLS offers an alternative to traditional classroom courses.
- HeartCode allows you to learn at your own pace, on your own schedule.
- HeartCode includes instant feedback and debriefing.
- HeartCode places emphasis on the team approach and the importance of high-quality CPR to patient survival.
- HeartCode includes practical application to ECG rhythm recognition and pharmacology.
See the Laerdal HeartCode ACLS brochure, here.
Contact the Tulane Sim Center to get started on HeartCode ACLS today! 504-988-9150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.
Connect with Tulane Sim Center and stay up on the latest news.