The visiting student clerkship consists of a broad educational experience over a one-month sub-internship. Two scholarships will be awarded with one student rotating in September and the other in October. Students will be awarded a $1,000 stipend for travel & living expenses. Housing will be provided.
- Applicants must be a current 4th year student in good standing at an accredited US allopathic or osteopathic medical school.
- Applicants must successfully past step 1 and completed all 3rd year core clerkships, including neurology rotation.
- Applicants must self-identify as being from a background of a racial or ethnic minority that is underrepresented to medicine (Black/African American, Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian, LGBTQIA+).
- Applicants must complete the application no later than April 1, 2023 for consideration of the scholarship.
- Applicants must send in a $225 registartion fee.
- Applicants and/or their home institution must “provide proof of malpractice insurance, their immunization records, proof of COVID vaccination, proof of BLS or ACLS, and a demographic form.
- Applicants will be expected to submit:
- Updated CV
- Two faculty surgeon references
- Personal statement about the applicant’s interest in Tulane Surgery (300 words or less)
Please email those items to email@example.com
Please Note: Upon receiving their acceptance of the scholarship, students will be required to submit an application in VSLO as the final approval through the university. Supporting documents include an updated CV, Step Score report, transcript, headshot, and acknowledgment of the registration fee must be uploaded in the VSLO application. This must be complete no later than July 1, 2023.