Dr. Robert Galagan joined the Section of Endocrinology at Tulane University School of Medicine in March, 2015. He graduated from St. Louis University School of Medicine in 1975 and completed his Internal Medicine Residency at Tulane University School of Medicine in 1978. He completed his Endocrinology Fellowship at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine in 1980. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism. He was previously in clinical practice with Presbyterian Healthcare System in Albuquerque, New Mexico and was an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine. His research interests include hospital treatment of diabetes mellitus, transitioning in-patients with diabetes to outpatient care and the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
- Galagan, R.C. Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Sports Participation. Medicine Advisory Committee; New Mexico Activities Association, http://www.nmact.org/file/Sports_Medicine_Article_042908.pdf
- Galagan, R.C., Dwarkanathan, A., Iwamoto, J. A . Computer - Guided Insulin Infusion Protocol is Superior at Targeting Glucose Control in Medical ICU or Surgical CCU Patients than either a Standard Insulin Infusion Algorithm or a Simple Calculated Insulin Infusion Algorithm. Diabetes Technology Journal, 2014. http://www.jdst.org/March2011/PDF/Abstract/VOL-5-2-MTG2-IHDM2010-ABSTRACTS.pdf
- Muzenjak, D., Carbpmeau, C., Galagan, R.C. Rethinking Treatment. Quality Progress; Aug 2012; 45, 8; ABI/INFORM Complete pg. 34. http://search.proquest.com/docview/1076717340?accountid=14437
- Pien, F., Galagan, R.C., Kistner, R. Straub. A. Retrospective Study of Hospitalized Patients with Chronic Leg Ulcers in Hawaii. J Foot Ankle Surg. 1994 Nov-Dec;33(6):546-50. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7894399
- Galagan, R.C., Leibel, B., Albisser, M.A. Urine Glucose Measurement: A Reappraisal of the Clinical Limitations and Value. Diabetes and Metabolism Review Volume 1:80-90, 1988
- Eaton, R.P., Galagan, R.C., Kaufman, E. Receptor Depletion in Diabetes Mellitus: Correction With Therapy. Diabetes Care 4(2):229-304, March/April 1981