MD, Medicine, Beijing Medical University, Beijing P.R. China 07/1992
PhD, Neuroscience, Northwestern University, Chicago IL 05/1998
Resident, Anatomical Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA 06/2002
Fellow, Neuropathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA 06/2004
Postdoc, Molecular Genetics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA 01/2010
Postdoc, Neuroscience, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA 03/2012
As a physician-scientist, Dr. Tian is interested in: 1) molecular diagnosis of brain tumors, and 2) sleep regulation.
- Tian D, Huang D, Short S, Short ML, Jungmann RA. Protein Kinase A-regulated instability site in the 3'-untranslated region of lactate dehydrogenase-A subunit mRNA. J Biol Chem. 273(38):24861-24866, 1998.
- Tian D, Huang D, Brown RC, Jungmann RA. Protein kinase A stimulates binding of multiple proteins to a U-rich domain in the 3'-untranslated region of lactate dehydrogenase A mRNA that is required for the regulation of mRNA stability. J Biol Chem. 273(43):28454-28460, 1998.
- Jungmann RA, Huang D, & Tian D. Regulation of LDH-A gene expression by transcriptional and posttranscriptional signal transduction mechanisms. J Exp Zool. 282(1-2):188-195, 1998.
- Short S, Tian D, Short ML, Jungmann RA. Structural determinants for post-transcriptional stabilization of lactate dehydrogenase A mRNA by the protein kinase C signal pathway. J Biol Chem. 275(17):12963-12969, 2000.
- Warren HS Jr, Gonzalez RG, & Tian D. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. A 12-year-old girl with fever and coma. N Engl J Med. 349(24):2341-2349, 2003.
- Chylack LT Jr, Fu L, Mancini R, Martin-Rehrmann MD, Saunders AJ, Konopka G, Tian D, Hedley-Whyte ET, Folkerth RD, Goldstein LE. Lens epithelium-derived growth factor (LEDGF/p75) expression in fetal and adult human brain. Exp Eye Res. 79(6):941-948, 2004.
- Dickerson BC, Holzman D, Grant PE, & Tian D. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. A 62-year-old woman with seizure, gait disturbance and altered mental status. N Engl J Med. 353(21):2271-2280, 2005.
- Chou RC, Henson JW, Tian D, Hedley-Whyte ET, Reginato AM. Successful treatment of rheumatoid meningitis with cyclophosphamide but not infliximab. Ann Rheum Dis. 65(8):1114-1116, 2006.
- Vucic S, Tian D, Chong PS, Cudkowicz ME, Hedley-Whyte ET, Cros D. Facial onset sensory and motor neuropathy (FOSMN syndrome): a novel syndrome in neurology. Brain 129(12):3384-3390, 2006.
- Tian D, Sun S, Lee JT. The long noncoding RNA, Jpx, is a molecular switch for X-chromosome inactivation. Cell. 143(3):390-403, 2010.
- Barnard ZR, Agarwalla PK, Jeyaretna DS, Farrell CJ, Gerstner ER, Tian D, Curry WT Jr. Sporadic primary malignant intracerebral nerve sheath tumors: case report and literature review. J Neurooncol. 104(2):605-10, 2011.
- Cho TA, Larvie M, Tian D, Mino-Kenudson M. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 6-2012. A 45-year-old man with a history of alcohol abuse and rapid cognitive decline. N Engl J Med. 366(21):745-755, 2012.
- Tian D, Stoppel LJ, Heynen AJ, Lindemann L, Jaeschke G, Mills AA, Bear MF. Contribution of mGluR5 to pathophysiology in a mouse model of human chromosome 16p11.2 microdeletion. Nat Neuroscience 18(2):182-4, 2015.
- Lu HC, Mills AL, Tian D. Altered synaptic transmission and maturation in hippocampal CA1 neurons in a mouse model of human chromosome 16p11.2 microdeletion. Journal of Neurophysiology. Doi:101152/jn.00306. 2017. [Epub ahead of print].
- Lu HC, Pollack H, Mills AA, Tian D. Altered sleep architecture, rapid eye movement sleep (REM), and neural oscillation in a mouse model of human chromosome 16p11.2 microdeletion. Sleep (in press)
- Tiwari N, Tamrazi B, Robison N, Biegel, JA, Jenny Ji, Tian D. Unusual radiological and histological presentation of a diffuse leptomeningeal glioneuronal tumor (DLGNT) in a 13-year-old girl. Child Nervous System (in press)
- Gan P, Patterson P, Velasquez A, Wang K, Tian D, Makita T, Henry M Sucov. Tnni3k alleles influence ventricular mononuclear cardiomyocyte frequency. PLOS Genet. 15(10): e1008354, 2019.