MD, Thomas Jefferson University
Internship-Pediatrics, Yale New Haven Hospital
Residency-Pediatrics, University of Virginia Health Science Center
Fellowship-Allergy & Immunology, University of Virginia Health Science Center
BA, Harvard University
Dr. El-Dahr's current research interests include Asthma and allergic sensitization in childhood, as well as the immunology of Autism in children. She is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, the American Board of Allergy and Immunology, and the American Board of Pediatric Rheumatology.
- Horner WE, Armstrong M, El-Dahr J, McCants M, Reese G, Kobernick AK, Lehrer SB. Prevalence of IgE reactivity in mold-allergic subjects to commercially available fungal extracts. Allergy Asthma Proceedings 2008;29(6):629-35.
- Villacis J. Rice TR, Bucci LR, El-Dahr JM, Wild L, DeMerrell D, Soteres D, Lehrer SB. Do shrimp-allergic individuals tolerate shrimp derived glucosamine? Clin Exp Allergy 2006;36(11):1457-61.
- Sterling Y, El-Dahr JM. Wheezing and asthma in early childhood: An update. Pediatric Nursing 32(1):2006;27-31 & 33.
- Bradstreet JJ, El-Dahr JM, Anthony A, Kartzinel JJ, Wakefield AJ. Detection of measles virus genomic RNA in cerebral spinal fluid in children with regressive autism. J Amer Physicians and Surgeons 2004;9(2):38-45.
- Tanaka LG, El-Dahr JM, Lehrer SB. Double-blind, placebo-controlled corn challenge resulting in anaphylaxis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2001;107(4):744.
- Reese G, Colbert WN, El-Dahr JM, McCants ML, Lehrer SB. Children with acute asthma: IgE antibody reactivities to fungi, house dust mites, cockroaches, and other indoor allergens. Ped Asthma Allergy Immunol 2000;14:59-67.
- Helbling A, Haydel R, McCants ML, Musmand JJ, El-Dahr JM, Lehrer SB. Fish allergy: is cross-reactivity among fish species relevant? Double-blind, placebo-controlled food challenge studies of fish allergic adults. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 1999;83:517-23.
- El-Dahr JM, Fink R, Selden R, Arruda LK, Platts-Mills TAE, Heymann P. Development of immune responses to Aspergillus at an early age in children with Cystic Fibrosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1994;150:1513-18.
- El-Dahr JM, Paris K, Sikora MM, Lichtveld MY, Mitchell HE. Sensitivity to mold and environmental allergens in post-Katrina New Orleans. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2009;123(2):S18.
- Oberhoff S, El-Dahr JM, Klemawesch PJ. Food Dependant Exercise Induced Anaphylaxis to Wheat may be Diagnosed Using Wheat Flour. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2009;123(2):S190
- Lehrer SB, Oberhoff SW, Tanaka G, Reese G, El-Dahr JM, Wild LG. Immunoblotting studies of DBPC corn challenged subjects to identify clinically relevant corn allergens. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2009;123(2):S183.
- Klemawesch PJ, El-Dahr JM. Hyperbaric oxygen relieves severe digital ischemia from accidental EpiPen injection. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2009;123(2):S189.
- El-Dahr JM, Grimsley LF, White L, Sterling Y, Thornton E, Mvula M, Stephens K, Cohn R, Kennedy S, Mitchell HE, Chulada P, Martin W, Lichtveld MY. Pediatric asthma in post-Katrina New Orleans: The HEAL Study. Presented at the Integrative Pediatric Council meeting (Pangea), New York, NY, November 14, 2008.
- Sikora MM, Paris K, Lichtveld MY, Mitchell HE, El-Dahr JM. A comparison of skin test reactivity of children with asthma in New Orleans before and after Hurricane Katrina. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 2008;177:A186.
- El-Dahr JM, Sikora M, Grimsley LF, White L, Sterling Y, Mvula M, Stephens K, Cohn R, Kennedy S, Mitchell M, Lichtveld M. HEAL-ing New Orleans: The Post-Katrina Pediatric Asthma Study. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2008;121(2):S232.
- Sikora MM, El-Dahr JM, Boh E. Adalimumab more effective than infliximab in treatment of PAPA syndrome. Presented at the Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, February 2008.
- Sikora MM, Bansal R, El-Dahr JM. Caucasian female with cystic fibrosis and associated common variable immunodeficiency. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2007;119(1):S182.
- Kim L, El-Dahr JM. Skin test reactivity in children with asthma and rhinitis in New Orleans prior to Hurricane Katrina. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2006;117(2):S6.