- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: University of Calcutta, Calcutta, India (1993)
- Master of Science in Agricultural Chamistry: University of Calcutta, Calcutta, India (1995)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Chamistry: University of Calcutta, Calcutta, India (2003)
- Senior Research Fellow, RCAIS, Calcutta, India (2000-2003)
- Senior Research Fellow, National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, Calcutta, India (2003-2004)
- Research Fellow, World Federation of Scientists, Switzerland; Host: ICMR, India (2005-2006)
- Research Associate, ICMR-Virus Unit, Calcutta, India (2006-2007)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Pathology, Tulane School of Medicine. LA, USA (2008-2015)
- Research Scientist II, Department of Pharmacology, Tulane School of Medicine. LA, USA (2015-2019).
- Research Instructor (Non-Tenure Track): Department of Pharmacology, Tulane School of Medicine. LA, USA (2019-onward).
Broadly, with my chemistry background, my research field includes virology, molecular biology, gene therapy and cancer with a keen focus to understand the molecular mechanism of the development of chronic and latent viral infection and antiviral drug resistance that in turn will accelerate the pathogenesis and cancer. In Post-Doctoral tenures, I was involved to understand the molecular virology of Hepatitis B (HBV) and Hepatitis C (HCV) viruses. I have studied the association of HBV genotypes/sub-genotypes, their genomic mutation pattern and their correlation with liver pathogenesis. As a...
PubMed list of my published work: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Chandra+PK
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Pe75AbsAAAAJ&hl=en