PhD: Pavlov Institute of Physiology, Russian Academy of Science, Saint-Petersburg, Russia (1999)
Postdoctoral Training: Tulane University, Dept. of Pharmacology, New Orleans, LA (1999-2001)
Postdoctoral Training: Tulane University, Dept. of Cell and Molecular Biology, New Orleans, LA (2001-2006)
Postdoctoral Training: University of Kentucky, Dept. of Physiology, Lexington, KY (2006-2007)
Central Neural Control of the Autonomic Nervous System: Using whole-cell patch-clamp electrophysiological techniques combined with calcium imaging, neuro-pharmacological, immunochemical, and molecular biological methods, we are conducting studies to determine the synaptic organization, modulation, and plasticity of neuronal networks involved in central neural control of the autonomic nervous system, including cardiovascular function.
Specific aims of our studies are:
- Synaptic organization of identified kidney-related neurons in the intermediolateral cell column (IML) of the spinal cord and rostral ventrolateral medulla (RVLM) of the brainstem.
- Synaptic organization of the dorsal vagal complex (DVC) of the brainstem.
- Neuro-pharmacology of endocannabinoids and endovanilloids.
- Hong Gao, PhD - Research Scientist
- Lucie Desmoulins, PhD - Postdoctoral Fellow
PubMed listing of research publications for Andrei V. Derbenev, PhD