University of California at San Diego, 1998, B.A., Human Development
Tulane University, 2003, M.S., School Psychology
Tulane University, 2005, Ph.D., School Psychology
University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, 2004-2005, Clinical Psychology Internship
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, 2005-2006, Postdoctoral Fellowship in Child Clinical Psychology
Tulane University School of Medicine, 2006-2007, Postdoctoral Fellowship, Infant Mental Health
Years at Tulane:
Dr. Murphy's clinical interests are psychotherapy and psychological assessment with youth and families. Specifically, her clinical activities include the assessment and treatment of young children and families who have experienced trauma, such as abuse, neglect or exposure to domestic violence. She is also interested in the evaluation and treatment of attachment disruptions. Dr. Murphy's research interests include investigating long-term social, emotional, and cognitive outcomes in children who have had traumatic experiences, and promoting sensitive caregiving for young children in foster care. She also provides training in evidence-based treatments for children and adolescents, as well as consultation to New Orleans area public schools.
Humphreys K.L., Miron D., McLaughlin K.A., Sheridan M.A., Nelson C.A., Fox N.A., Zeanah C.H. (2018). Foster care promotes adaptive functioning in early adolescence among children who experienced severe, early deprivation. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 59(7): 811-821.
Miron D, Scheeringa MS. (2019). A statewide training of community clinicians to treat traumatized youths involved with child welfare. Psychological Services. 16(1): 153-161.
View more of Dr. Miron's publications at PubMed.
- Miron Murphy, D. & Wade, S. L. Trauma informed care in pediatric settings. Webinar presented for International Pediatric Rehabilitation Collaborative in October 2022. 100 professional attendees.
- Miron Murphy, D. Parent-child attachment: Enhancing security. Louisiana Children’s Museum In Dialogue Series. New Orleans, LA. December 2022. 40 community attendees.
- Planful Transitions. Miron Murphy, D. (February - June 2021). Virtual training presented for the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services.
- Preschool PTSD Training. (February 2021). Virtual training presented for the LSU Center for Evidence to Practice.
- Assessing the needs of child welfare involved young children and their parents who abuse substances. Miron Murphy, D. (July 2021). Webinar presented for the University of Denver Graduate School of Professional Psychology.