Bachelor of Veterinary Science, Rajiv Gandhi College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (RAGACOVAS), Pondicherry, India
Master of Veterinary Science, Animal Biotechnology, Nagpur Veterinary College, Maharashtra, India
PhD, Animal Biotechnology, Madras Veterinary College, Tamil Nadu, India
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Andrology Research at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
Dr. Panner-Selvam is a Research Instructor in the Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine. He received his PhD in Animal Biotechnology from the Madras Veterinary College in Chennai, India and completed his Postdoctoral Research in Andrology at Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. His research focus primarily concerns Reproductive Biology, with expertise in sperm and seminal plasma proteomics. Manesh authored 65 peer-reviewed articles and 25 abstracts, presented his research at national and international scientific meetings, and coauthored 12 book chapters regarding male reproduction, molecular science, and proteomics. A recipient of the “Early-Stage Investigator Award” (2021) from the American Society of Andrology (ASA) and the “Early-Career Investigator Travel Award” (2021) from the American Urological Association (AUA), Dr. Panner-Selvam was elected Vice Chair of Andrology Laboratory Workshop (2022) organized by the ASA.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Baskaran S, Sikka SC. Telomere Signaling and Maintenance Pathways in Spermatozoa of Infertile Men Treated with Antioxidants: An in silico Approach Using Bioinformatic Analysis. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2021 Oct 11;9:768510. doi: 10.3389/fcell.2021.768510.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Agarwal A, Henkel R, Finelli R, Robert KA, Iovine C, Baskaran S. The Effect of Oxidative and Reductive Stress on Semen Parameters and Functions of Physiologically Normal Human Spermatozoa. Free Radic Biol Med. 2020 Mar 9;152:375-385.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Alves MG, Dias TR, Pushparaj PN, Agarwal A. Distinct Proteomic Profile of Spermatozoa from Men with Seminomatous and Non-Seminomatous Testicular Germ Cell Tumors. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Jul 8;21(14): E4817. doi: 10.3390/ijms21144817.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Agarwal A, Dias TR, Martins AD, Baskaran S, Samanta L. Molecular Pathways Associated with Sperm Biofunction are not Affected by the Presence of Round Cell and Leukocyte Proteins in Human Sperm Proteome. J Proteome Res. 2019 Mar 1;18(3):1191-1197.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Agarwal A, Pushparaj PN, Baskaran S, Bendou H. Sperm Proteome Analysis and Identification of Fertility-Associated Biomarkers in Unexplained Male Infertility. Genes (Basel). 2019 Jul 11;10(7). doi: 10.3390/genes10070522.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Agarwal A. Proteomic Profiling of Seminal Plasma Proteins in Varicocele Patients. World J Mens Health. 2021 Jan;39(1):90-98.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Henkel R, Sharma R, Agarwal A. Calibration of Redox Potential in Sperm Wash Media and Evaluation of Oxidation-Reduction Potential Values in Various Assisted Reproductive Technology Culture Media using MiOXSYS System. Andrology. 2018 Mar;6(2):293-300.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Agarwal A, Sharma R, Samanta L. Treatment of Semen Samples with α-chymotrypsin Alters the Expression Pattern of Sperm Functional Proteins-A Pilot Study. Andrology. 2018 Mar;6(2):345-350.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Baskaran S, Agarwal A. Proteomics of Reproduction: Prospects and Perspectives. Adv Clin Chem. 2019;92:217-243.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Ambar RF, Agarwal A, Henkel R. Etiologies of Sperm DNA Damage and its Impact on Male Infertility. Andrologia. 2021 Feb;53(1):e13706. doi: 10.1111/and.13706.
- Panner-Selvam MK, Finelli R, Agarwal A, Henkel R. Evaluation of Seminal Oxidation-Reduction Potential in Male Infertility. Andrologia. 2021 Mar;53(2):e13610. doi: 10.1111/and.13610.
- Lundy SD, Sangwan N, Parekh NV, Panner-Selvam MK, Gupta S, McCaffrey P, Bessoff K, Vala A, Agarwal A, Sabanegh ES, Vij SC, Eng C. Functional and Taxonomic Dysbiosis of the Gut, Urine, and Semen Microbiomes in Male Infertility. Eur Urol. 2021 Jun;79(6):826-836.
- Agarwal A, Baskaran S, Parekh N, Cho C, Henkel R, Vij S, Arafa M, Panner-Selvam MK, Shah R. Male Infertility. The Lancet. 2021 Jan 23;397(10271):319-333.
For more information about Dr. Panner-Selvam’s publications, visit PubMed.