Dr. Dragana Lovre joined the Section of Endocrinology after completing her Endocrinology Fellowship at Tulane University School of Medicine in 2016. Dr. Lovre received her bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Baldwin-Wallace University in Cleveland, Ohio. She then worked at Case Western Reserve University on NIH Developmental Research projects prior to starting medical school. Dr. Lovre is board certified in Internal Medicine and trained at LJ Chabert Medical Center in Houma, Louisiana. Her clinical and research interests focus on cardiovascular complications of diabetes with special interest women’s health. Dr. Lovre is currently involved in multiple trials on estrogen effect on glucose homeostasis and cardiovascular complications of diabetes.
Publications & Presentations
- Lovre D, Shah S, Sihota A, Fonseca VA. Managing Diabetes and Cardiovascular Risk in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2018 Mar;47(1):237-257. doi: 10.1016/j.ecl.2017.10.006. Epub 2017 Dec 18. Review. PMID: 29407054
- Fonseca VA, Lovre D. Pioglitazone versus sulfonylureas: cardiovascular outcomes with older diabetes drugs. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017 Nov;5(11):845-847. doi: 10.1016/S2213-8587(17)30320-0. Epub 2017 Sep 13. PMID: 28917543
- Fonseca VA, Lovre D. Diabetes-Related Dyslipidemia and Cardiovascular Events. Am J Med Sci. 2017 Aug;354(2):103-104. doi: 10.1016/j.amjms.2017.06.011. Epub 2017 Jun 19. PMID: 28864365
- Mann JFE, Ørsted DD, Brown-Frandsen K, Marso SP, Poulter NR, Rasmussen S, Tornøe K, Zinman B, Buse JB; LEADER Steering Committee and Investigators. Liraglutide and Renal Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2017 Aug 31;377(9):839-848. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1616011. PMID: 28854085
- Xu B, Lovre D, Mauvais-Jarvis F. The effect of selective estrogen receptor modulators on type 2 diabetes onset in women: Basic and clinical insights. J Diabetes Complications. 2017 Apr;31(4):773-779. doi: 10.1016/j.jdiacomp.2016.12.010. Epub 2017 Jan 20. Review. PMID: 28185712
Full list of publications in PubMed