Dr. Dragana Lovre joined the Section of Endocrinology after completing her Endocrinology Fellowship at Tulane University School of Medicine in 2016. She is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism. Dr. Lovre’s clinical and research interests focus on cardiovascular complications of diabetes with special interest women’s health.
Dr. Lovre is currently involved in multiple trials on cardiovascular complications of diabetes and estrogen effect on body composition and glucose homeostasis.
- Lovre D, Shah S, Sihota A, Fonseca VA. Managing Diabetes and Cardiovascular Risk in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients. Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America 2018 Mar;47(1):237-257. PMID: 29407054
- Fonseca VA, Lovre D. Pioglitazone versus sulfonylureas: cardiovascular outcomes with older diabetes drugs. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017 Nov;5(11):845-847. . PMID: 28917543
- Fonseca VA, Lovre D. Diabetes-Related Dyslipidemia and Cardiovascular Events. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354(2):103-104. PMID: 28864365
- Lovre D, Htun W, Carrion C, Fonseca VA. What Are We Learning from the FDA-Mandated Cardiovascular Outcome Studies for New Pharmacological Antidiabetic Agents? Curr Diab Rep. 2016 Oct;16(10):94. PMID: 27541296
- Lovre D, Lindsey SH, Mauvais-Jarvis F. Effect of menopausal hormone therapy on components of the metabolic syndrome. Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2016, May 27; Vol 11, Issue 1, pp. 33 - 43. PMID: 27234158
- Xu B, Lovre D, Mauvais-Jarvis F. Effect of selective estrogen receptor modulators on metabolic homeostasis. Biochimie. 2016 May;124:92-97. PMID: 26133657
- Lovre D, Mauvais-Jarvis F. Trends in Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome. Jama. 2015 Sep 1;314(9):950. PMID: 26325567
- Lovre D, Fonseca V. Benefits of timely basal insulin control in patients with type 2 diabetes. J Diabetes Complications. 2015;29(2):295-301. PMID: 25536866
Full list of publications in PubMed