The Louisiana Mental Health Perinatal Partnership (LAMHPP) and its services have joined with the Provider-to-Provider Consultation Line (PPCL). Both perinatal and pediatric providers can now contact PPCL for guidance in treating their patients with mental health concerns. Stay tuned for more information.
What is the Louisiana Mental Health Perinatal Partnership?
Louisiana Mental Health Perinatal Partnership provides mental health consultation to licensed healthcare clinicians serving pregnant and postpartum women and their families, including OB-GYNs, Family Physicians, Pediatricians, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Midwives, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, and others. LAMHPP supports healthcare clinicians to address the needs of their patients including perinatal depression, anxiety, substance use disorders, interpersonal violence, and related health risks and conditions.
What is our goal?
The Louisiana Mental Health Perinatal Partnership’s goal is to support perinatal healthcare clinicians to expand early identification of perinatal risks and mental health symptoms, implement first line management of mental health and substance use disorders, and make effective referrals to additional community resources.
Who we are?
Our team includes psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical mental health professionals, and a perinatal re-source specialist, led by Louisiana’s preeminent perinatal psychiatry expert.
What services does the Louisiana Mental Health Perinatal Partnership provide?
- Real-time phone consultation: Healthcare providers can call us at 504-988-9171 for:
- Resource and referral information including community and web-based resources
- Real-time discussion with a psychiatrist about clinical questions including early identification, screening, effective office-based interventions, therapy and mediation approaches
- Follow-up consultation: Call back with follow-up questions; may result in Telehealth consultation with patient in selected situations
- Onsite consultation with a perinatal consultation specialist at your office in Regions 4 and 8
- Web-based resources including:
- Community resource guides
- Web-based clinical tool kits
- Trainings about common perinatal mental health concerns
- On-site at your office
- Webinar-based trainings screening, identification, and management of common perinatal mental health concerns (also recorded for asynchronous learning)
Who can enroll into the Louisiana Mental Health Perinatal Partnership?
Licensed healthcare clinicians serving pregnant and postpartum Louisiana women & their families can enroll. Enroll by completing the enrollment form.
Have a consult now?
We’ll still ask you to complete the enrollment form (above).
Want to share information with your colleagues?
Feel free to share the LAMHPP Program brochure
LAMHPP is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $640,230 with less than 1 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government